Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Signs Part 2.








I wanted to take a minute and document my process a little further to show how to take a simple restore cabinet door find into a rustic sign.
Clean thoroughly with degreaser and TSP.
 
 
Fill the hardware holes with wood glue and sand.
Paint the cabinet door with chalk finish paint by Home Décor Folk Art in Red.
 
Wait till it dries completely.
Use your favorite stencil. I typically make my own by printing the image out on heavy bond paper and using an exacto to cut out the outline. Then I use a White paint pen and fill in with white paint. I then outlined the shadow with a gold paint pen.


Then we sand to distress and wax to seal. Other options might be to paint a white undercoat and distress back through it and use antiquing waxes or glaze to bring out multiple colors and layers.

Simple.

Come see some of my products at The Hill Design House:
https://www.facebook.com/TheHillDesignHouse/info/?tab=overview

2 comments: